- This event has passed.
SDWAC GLOBAL HEALTH SYMPOSIUM_SESSIONS
January 29, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pmFREE
The symposium continues Jan. 29 in the same location with the following schedule:
8:30 a.m. Coffee, Meet the Speakers
9 a.m. Using the Health Care Sector as a Model for Nation Building. Presented by:
- Kenneth Walker, M.D., Emory School of Medicine, Atlanta; and
- Archil Undilashvili, M.D., Partners for International Development, Atlanta.
10 a.m. The Global lnterface between Animal and Human Health. Presented by:
- Christopher Chase, SDSU Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences;
- Joy Scaria, SDSU Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences; and
- Radhey Kaushik, SDSU Department of Biology and Microbiology.
11 a.m. South Dakotans Contribute to Global Health. Presented by:
- Michael Saba, Avera McKennan Foundation development consultant; andSDSU students and recent graduates
- Taylor Fisher, telemetry RN, Avera McKennan Hospital, Sioux Falls;
- Kyle Heer, chief pharmacist, Lewis Southwest, Sioux Falls; and
- Sarah Anne Tow, senior, SDSU College of Nursing, Elk Point.
Noon Summary, Q&A session with Bliss, Walker, Chase and Saba.
The symposium is free and open to the public. Parking is available in the paid lot directly east of the University Student Union. For access to free parking, call 691-2687.
For additional information about the speakers and their topics, visit www.southdakotaworldaffairscouncil.org or call 691-2687.