The annual SDWAC member meeting takes place at 5:30 PM Thursday, May 21, at the Research Park at SDSU. The meeting takes
place in the Administration Building lobby, east off north 22nd Ave., in Brookings.
Activity begins with a reception of heavy hors d’oeuvres and wine before a brief 6 PM business meeting to elect new board members and talk about reorganized operation.
Reservations are needed for the reception with the $20 fee paid on site Thursday. Spots can be reserved by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 605-688-5416.
The Pheasant Restaurant-prepared hor d’oeuvres will consist of:
- Apricot-BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs with Cilantro and Truffled Deviled Eggs
- Fresh Veggies with Sriracha-Bleu Cheese Dip
- Meat, Cheese and Crackers
- Fresh Tortilla Chips and Housemade Salsa Fresca
- Fruit Skewers with Fresh Mint and Balsamic Reduction Drizzle.
Noted author Mary Woster Haug will read from her book Daughters of the Grasslands. In it, she compares the haenyeo, or deep sea-diving women of Korea who fish in subterranean coastal waters, with her Irish women ancestors and neighbor tribal women who gathered on grassland and prairie to raise families. The lessons they teach about observing people across the world are relevant and important to the work of SDWAC.